Welcome To Korangi Association
of Trade & Industry
Introduction to Korangi Association of Trade & Industry
Korangi Association of Trade & Industry is the most vibrant trade and leading industrial association of Pakistan, it was made operational in 1970. Korangi Industrial Area is spread over an area of 10,000 acres.
According to an estimate more than 5000 industrial, commercial, and service concerns operate here, providing employment to roughly 1.5 million workers. KATI is contributing millions to the national exchequer daily. Units representing the most important sectors of national economy are housed here. Textiles, Leather, Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, Engineering, Towel, Paint, 2 large Oil Refineries, Food Industry including spices, biscuits, tea and cooking oil are all located here. 40% of the Pakistan’s Leather exports are routed from KIA.
Korangi Industrial Area is one of the largest industrial estate of Pakistan. There are 372 textile mills operative here. A huge 78% of the crude oil used all over Pakistan is refined in the two refiners of KIA. Similarly, there are 42 fully operational flour mills located in KIA.
KIA is also emerging as the new financial hub of Karachi by having 20 fully operational branches of all major and minor Banks including numerous offices of different insurance companies. The pace at which new industries are being set-up in KIA is unmatched by any other industrial estate of Sindh. Summary of key features of KIA are as under:
- KIA is stretched over an area over 10,000 acres.
- It houses more than 5000 industrial, commercial and service units.
- Most of the industries located here are export-oriented which earn substantial foreign exchange for the country.
- Daily revenue to the national ex-chequer exceeds Rs.600-million.
- KIA also provides employment to hundreds of thousands of work force.
- KIA houses two major oil refineries of the country namely National Refinery and Pakistan Refinery